Step-by-Step: Set Up Your Google+ Business Page
RosArt Google Plus for Business Page Setup
In order to create a Google Plus (G+) Business Page you must first have a regular G+ profile page. If you already have one skip to step 8, if not follow the steps below:
1) Visit https://plus.google.com and click on the “Create an account” under the “Sign In” button. If you already have a Gmail account and would like to link your business to that email, you can just click the “Sign In” button.
2) After clicking on the “Create an account” link fill out the information in the fields
3) After submitting this information you should arrive at a confirmation page
4) Click on the “Continue to Google+” button and on the next page feel free to add a photo/avatar for your profile and click “Upgrade”
5) From here you can either begin to import contacts from other mail accounts such as Yahoo or Hotmail or just skip altogether
6) Google will continue to ask for contacts for the creation of your Cirlces. If you don’t know what Circles are please click the “Watch a video about Circles” link on the right of the page.
Just continue here unless there are companies or individuals you would like to follow on G+.
7) Complete your basic profile by entering the remaining information
8) Now we can begin creating a Google Plus Business Page. Click on the “Create a Google+ page” link on the lower right side of the screen.
9) From the “Create a page” view you can then begin to enter information about your business. First thing you do is create a category which will most likely be the third option down (Company, Institution, or Organization). However, if you’re a place that people visit in person you may want to opt for the first option (Local Business or Place). Fill out the information, make sure both checkboxes are selected and click “Create.”
10) Enter a tagline and upload a profile picture. You can add multiple profile photos here and when users click on them the image will change. This feature could be useful if you want to showcase your portfolio or show off products/services you provide. Click the “Continue” button.
11) The next page will prompt you to “Share on Google+” but do not do this because your page is not ready. Just click the “Finish” button.
12) You will return to the G+ page you just created. You’ll notice you can switch between identities. Just select the preferred identity from the drop down menu to the right of your profile image to toggle between the two.
13) Now click on the “Profile” button in the middle of the G+ navigation bar.
14) From this page we’re going to click on the “Edit Profile” in the upper right corner. Simply add information about your company on this page by clicking in the fields you would like edit and then by clicking “Save.” For your contact information, you may only want this available to “Extended Circles” to help prevent spam through email and random phone calls. From this page you can also add photos and videos. G+ will allow 5 photos to be displayed in the header bar on the top of your page.
15) That’s it! Once you return to your main page go ahead and post something by clicking “Share your Page.” After entering a message and clicking the “Share” button G+ will prompt you for what Circles you would like to share with. You always have the option to post Publicly.
16) If you would like to include some trusted administrators for page. Think long-term people you want to assist you on this page. On the upper right corner of the page click on the cog wheel and select “Google+ settings” from the drop down menu.
17) Now click on “Managers” on the left of the page.
18) From the Managers page you can setup up to 50 different administrator accounts to help manage your page. Just enter the email address of the administrator’s G+ email account (your administrators will need Google Plus accounts in order to be added). Click “Invite.” This triggers an email that is sent to the invited administrator which they will need to click on an “Accept” button which will walk them through a few steps in order to complete the process. They will now have full access to anything dealing with the page which is why we strongly suggest picking your administrators wisely.
19) It is also recommended you follow Google’s Business Plus page for the latest tips on what you can do on your page. https://plus.google.com/115200251016762857369/posts