At WebJuris, we believe that access to the Web is one of the most powerful ways disadvantaged groups can bring their message to a wide audience. Therefore, we devote significant time and energy to building online presences to support causes that help bring access of legal services to those who cannot afford them, events to raise funds for the most needy and arts programs that are aimed at audiences who rarely are exposed. In fact, we will often offer our services free or on a pro-bono basis for worthy causes.
Some of the current groups we aid through our low cost or no cost services include:
- www.coutureforacause-sd.org. This annual event brings the legal community and the fashion industry for one night of runways and auctions to benefit the children of San Diego
- www.projectleapsd.com. Project LEAP - the Legal Employment Awareness Program, sets out to inform and educate students throughout San Diego about the multiple pathways to working in the legal field.
- www.casacornelia.org. Casa Cornelia dedicates itself to providing legal help to indigent and immigrant communities throughout Southern California.
- www.communityactorstheatre.com. Community Actor's Theatre is a non-profit all-volunteer theatrical troupe dedicated to providing drama and a creative outlet to the Oak Park region. Started in 1982 CAT gives a voice to local playwrights and actors.
- San Diego Volunteer Lawyers Program. The SDVLP is a community of legal professionals who volunteer their time, energy and effort to provide equal access to justice through indigent and disadvantaged people throughout San Diego.
- Wes Chandler, former San Diego Chargers All-Pro wide receiver, sponsored the Wes Chandler Celebrity Golf Classic 2003 held during Super Bowl XXXVII in San Diego. Proceeds benefited the Martin Luther King Foundation Scholarship Fund at UC San Diego, which provides scholarship opportunities for low income students. We donated the site promoting the golf tournament.
WebJuris and our partners believe that everyone, regardless of economic condition or citizenship status, has an equal right to access justice. We also believe that there are few better ways to provide this access than through the internet, which is why we also provide bilingual services for our clients, in that we may help reach the maximum number of people possible, often at a low cost or pro-bono basis.
We look forward to partnering with more worthy groups in the future, to deliver on the high promise the internet shows for making San Diego a more civil, equal, and just society.